Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Vision of the Future!

I think that I may have foreseen my own death. I am going to die in a fiery inferno while sitting at my office computer busily working away!

I have come to a startling and horrific realization today... the office building that I work in has absolutely no form of early fire detection and warning system. As in, no smoke detectors or any other type of fire related detectors. Maybe it is just me, but I find this to be frightening and ridiculous. Personally I think it is a good idea to be warned that a fire may be present before being engulfed in flames. It doesn't help any that the building we are in is falling apart, and we have experienced more than a few natural gas leaks in the building.

The most ridiculous part of all is that the company that I work for actually has a division that installs, configures, and tests fire alarm systems. The costs to install such a system would be minimal.

Please No Open Flames!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry.. When I set fire to the building, I'll be sure to let you know. That way, you have a slight chance of surviving! .. just a slight.

After setting it on fire I plan on hanging around a bit, to get a few serious burns. That way, the law suit is much more profitable.

Marc said...

I'm thinking OSHA and I'm thinking Class Action Suit. Good luck my friend.