Saturday, June 24, 2006

So, I have to wonder if anybody actually reads this thing. Am I posting stuff on this blog for the entertainment of others or solely for my own selfish fulfillment? What does it really matter though? Whether I write for my own gratification or for the enjoyment of others, I will continue.

Lately a fellow blogger friend of mine has been posting a lot of conspiracy theory stuff particularly regarding the whole 9/11 episode. Check them out here. I have to say, I found many of the ideas he brings to light interesting, but I don't think that I buy into the whole inside job thing. I don't believe that our own government is responsible for the attacks on the World Trade Center. Don't get me wrong though, I am not saying that I do not think that our government is corrupt. I think there is plenty of corruption in our government. However, I do not believe that they would go as far as to kill so many US citizens to fulfill some sinister motive. I definitely believe that there is corruption in the FDA, particularly with the pharmaceutical companies. And there is corruption between the government and the oil companies. Perhaps I will have to explore those avenues in future posts, I will do some research and make a post devoted to one of those subjects. In fact, I am inspired, I need to start posting about some subjects that I am passionate about; like the problems with western medicine, the corruption and greed of the pharmaceutical companies, and of course computers.

But, in the meantime, here is another poem from my old book of poetry. I think that this is one of my personal favorites.


Wisdoms Decayed

Icy fingers grope,
Tearing at frustration.
Wandering
Through the never ending abyss,
Of misery and pain.
Memories surface;
Haunting,
Hating.
Love one existing,
Extinct in its greed.
Trust is foolish.
Look what it got me!
Burning photographs;
Death, by fire.

© Dec. 29, 1995

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The more you look into the government stuff, the more you get hooked, and get ticked off. There is so much out there, I could base my whole site off just that topic alone as a full time job. But apparently it offends people so I hold back, but yeah.

I'll bring in a movie for you to watch, if I can remember. I'm not out there trying to "convert" people, but just get people to open up a bit to the ideas.

Oh, and the poems are great man. they're really good, you should start writing again and post more. I'm just not much of a commenter, but yeah, you have readers.

Rabble-rouser said...

I think that you might be the only one.

Marc said...

Try adding a site meter to your blog... it's free and it lets you see how many people visit your blog a day. You can also see who exactly is visiting (IP addresses, city, and state), what pages they visit, how long they stay, etc.